Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas in Kentucky ~

This year, I spent the Christmas holidays
with Doug and his family in Kentucky...

not in a big town, but on a biggo farm!
I was looking forward to the trip and new experiences!


YES, I survived!
I thought farms would just be flat lands full of crops...
but the farms in KY are hilly with creeks, rocks, waterfalls, caves...
We went on a couple of hikes in the woods...
up and down... good exercise!

It was a lot of fun :-)



I was up and close and personal with 'em cows...
climbed hay bails and a barn...
made venison jerky and sausage...
picked persimmons...
hiked in the woods...
witnessed bull castration... lol...
We had a good time!!


Meet-the-family went well too :-)
I even got a stocking full of goodies!
To make it even better...
Doug surprised me with a Canon Rebel XS...haha!
That was too sweet! I love it :-)

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas too!



No comments: