So we stopped by one day after work and did some picking!
They are trying to turn me into a country girl!!!
Haha.. ain't gonna happen :-)
I'll always be a city girl!
Anyway, so it was not like going to a strawberry farm,
where everything is organized and in order
and all you have to do is go down the aisles and pick the berries.
There were weeds with thorns, poison ivy's, bugs....
I'll admit, I don't do well in the wild, I don't like bugs...
and I am allergic to practically everything that's outdoor!
But I got down and dirty and picked a bunch blackberries :-)
I got some scratches on my arms and had thorns stuck in my jeans and shoes, but it was fun!
The blackberries were big and juicy!

They were everywhere in the field!!

Doug was picking hard!

I picked the big, pretty ones :-)

They got quite a bit of pigment in them...
it was hard to wash off the stains!
We picked for 2 hours and got about 3 gallons worth of blackberries :-D
1 comment:
City slicker...and I don't remember anybody gettin down 'n dirty.
Post a Comment