Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm BACK ~

Dear family and friends....

YES!! I'm still here!! Sorry, I know it's been a while...
But I had to find a loop-hole to get on blocked websites in China!
The adding-"s"-behind-"http"-trick didn't work...
then I was told of skydur.com... haha!!

Voila... here I am... back with more postings!

I know I've got quite a bit to catch up...
but just a quick overview of what's happened in the past 4 weeks...
Left NOLA on Oct 17, drove to ATL and spent 1.5 days there...
Then flew to LA for 1 day to visit family before I leave for China...

Oct 20 - off to Beijing I go!
Arrived in Beijing 2 days later…
Spent 3 days doing a little bit of work and a lot of sightseeing and eating...
The Great Wall, Forbbiden City (The National Palace)...
Tian'anmen Square, Front-Gate Avenue (前門大街)...
ate delicious Peking duck, steamed buns, dumplings...

But of course, fun times had to end…
We moved to our hotel in Dagang (大港) in Tianjin…
Working 6 days a week
to support commissioning and starting up a new chemical plant…
Saw the first snow of the season few weeks ago…
Living through a real ‘winter’ again…
Feels like Michigan cold plus Chicago wind!!
And I am still enjoying the good eats here…
so tasty and inexpensive!!


That’s all for now.. be on the look out for new posts!!
Miss ya!

No comments: