Friday, November 23, 2007

11-23-07 Jungle & Waterfall Exploration

A whole day off from work, we decided to go into the jungle and check out the waterfall at Hutan Lipur Chemerong. The drive was about 1.5 hours from the resort, the view on the way was fantastic with mountains of various palm tree farms!



Map of the hiking trail...


We did some serious hiking for about an hour to get to the highest waterfall basin... it was well worth it!


Crossing the wooden hang bridge...


Johan leading the way...


Darryl and Doug.. two of my teammates whom I will be spending... umm... pretty much the next 3 years with on assignments :-)


Here we are... the waterfall is gorgeous!!!


Doug and I cannon-balled into this pool... so much fun.. haha!


Can you see Darryl and I on the biggo rock?!? I didn't bring my camera up there because I didn't want to drop it or get it wet. But right behind it was the highest basin, with water coming down hard, it was a blast in the water, just like in the movies!!!


Another basin at the bottom of the waterfall...


No comments: