Wednesday, December 26, 2007

En route to Taipei...

12-21-07... I'm going home :-)
Due to political reasons,
there are no direct flights from China to Taiwan...
So we had to transfer in Hong Kong...

View from the air as we approach HK Airport...




Taipei 101 - it is still the tallest building in the world...
until the one in Dubai is complete...



My cousin Rita... showing us around...


The wind damper on the 89th floor of Taipei 101...
YES, this is the real wind damper...
It almost looked too pretty to be real.. haha...



We have a LOVE statue in Taipei!!!
It wasn't here the last time I was here.. just last March...
Sweet.. now I've seen the LOVE statue in 3 different countries..
Philly, US, Tokyo (Shinjuku), Japan and Taipei, Taiwan :-)


101 at night, it changes colors!
Last time, it was green...symbolizes the bamboo
...the concept behind the entire architectural design...



With my dear cousin at Warner Brothers Village...


Dinner at a Japanese BBQ place - Hu Tong (胡同)
with Doug, Rita and Eric...
Very good eating :-)
Doug had an one-night layover in Taipei...
So we had to show him a good time ^_^


The biggest clam I've ever seen...
It was live..
Then we ate it...
It was quite tasty :-)



Busy Chong-Shoa East Road (忠孝東路)...
a very popular hang out area...



Tea tasting at Mao-Kon (貓空)
It's nice to be in the mountain away from the busy city..
Nice and quiet...
Rita showed us her tea-tasting skills... haha!

No comments: