Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Yellow Crane Tower, Wuhan...

Wuhan is famous for its breakfast...
So we started off our day with some traditional Wuhan breakfast...
We went to the Fruit Lake Market...
The market is very neat and clean, I was so pleasantly surprised!
It has a huge variety of good eats...
noodles, rice, buns... haha, I was in heaven ^_^

We had small steam dumplings (小籠包), pick-shoe cake
(抓鞋餅),
鵝粉湯 (don't know the English for this hot drink, 中文好像也寫錯,
haha)
hand-thrown cake (
手抓), knife-cut noodles (刀削麵),
and water-seared buns (生煎包), yummy ~


Making 'pick-shoe cake' (抓鞋餅)...
Because it shapes like a shoe...
You can get them in salty or sweet flavor...very good!




Yellow Crane Tower (黃鶴樓)...
One of the four famous towers in China...
It's located in Wu-Chung (武昌)
A very secluded area in the middle of the city...
唉.. 照片照出來都是霧曚
曚的, 好可惜噢!!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's "藕粉湯" - The soup of Lotus Root Starch.

Wuhan's accent is just like SzeChuan.

SzeChuan accent was speaken widely during my childhood, in school, neighborhood and even in our home.