Thursday, May 15, 2008

04-30-08 Arriving in Kuwait...

After almost 6 hours, 2 movies and 1 meal...
we are finally in Kuwait City!
They had a sand storm in the morning,
many flights had to divert, luckily, we made it ^_^

I like to take pictures while in air...
Well, for the longest time, as we were approaching Kuwait City,
all I could see was ummm.. NOTHING... I couldn't see anything!
Visibility was beyond turrrrrible!!!

Because of the sand storm, everything looked yellowish and dusty...
I stepped out of the airport, felt the heat with very low humidity...
but it actually felt better than Malaysia in November!
The first row of cars I saw were:
Bentley, Range Rover, BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne!!
Hummm, yeah, I'm in the Middle East!

We were picked up by our driver.
On our way to the Hilton Kuwait Resort,
I saw...
3 abandoned cars on the shoulders of the highway (seriously wrecked, not drivable),
2 police cars... popo writing citations,
1 car stuck in the ditch (full of sand),
and tons of speed demons zig-zagging on the road, wrecklessly!!!
I was always told that Kuwaitis drive crazy, can't drive...
now I see why!

Well, as my journey in Kuwait continues..
I will try to keep my blog up-to-date :-)
So stay tuned... this is just the beginning...

Flying over Persian Gulf, finally approaching Kuwait City!


Told you it was sand everywhere...


The little bit of green that Kuwait has...
that's a lot of sprinklers, don't you think?!?!


Welcome to the State of Kuwait!!!


We stayed at the Hilton Kuwait Resort for a few days
before we moved into our apartment.
The lucky bamboo and cookies/apples were my Welcome to Hilton gift...
how nice!! The cookies were yummy :-) haha!

No comments: