Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Everyday Kuwait...

So this is what Kuwait looks like...

There's already sand everywhere...
but somehow, they like to paint the buildings in the same
color shade as sand!!
If it was up to me, I'd use bright colors.. more vibrant!!
But of course, they didn't ask me for my opinion.. hah :-P
Things get dirty easy here.. why? cuz there's sand EVERYWHERE!

There are a lot of very nice looking huge homes!
I'd like to see the inside... must be very extravagant!!
Architecture seems to be boxy and pointy!!
I did see one house that's very Arabian-looking (like in Aladdin),
I'll have to take a picture of it next time!

Some homes in our neighborhood in Fintas...
see.. sand everywhere!!!


Two Ferrari's sitting at a house down the street from where we live...
We see them every morning when we go to work... ahhh NICE!!



Driving home from work...
View from the Fahaheel Hwy



New homes in construction...
They are building new homes/high-rises all over...
Kuwait seems very 'unfinished' or 'unpolished' to me...
First, you have sand everywhere that makes everything look dirty..
then, there's always trash off the highway, on the streets...
you can see piles and piles of rubble/debris off the highway in the middle of uhhh sand field...
The areas closer to downtown Kuwait City are definitely in a better shape..
more green areas, finished sidewalks and mediums, cleaner streets...


Nice homes off the highway!


Driving to work.. close to the Shuaiba Industrial Area...
nothing but sand!!


There is a beach in front of our apartment...
This family of I don't know how many just had a fun day out on the beach...
They seriously ran out of room in the car!!!


The Sultan Centre and Al Kout Souk area at night...

No comments: