Seeing how high the oil prices are in US...
made me think that "I am so glad that I don't have to pay that much!"
I have a GMC Envoy here for rental...
I can run it after the oil light comes on...
and filling it up has yet to cost me more than 5 KD!!!
1 KD is about probably close to 4 USD now!
Pretty nice huh!! :-)
But, on the other hand.. groceries here are quite a bit higher!!
Because everything is imported!!!
We would go grocery shopping and get...
Holland Chinese cabbage
Philippines bananas
Egypt apricots
Africa red plums
India pineapples, mango... a lot produce are from India!
It's funny how they label everything with its origin!
Ohh, there is Kuwait tomatoes!!
one of the very few things that Kuwait actually has other than oil!!
You can even buy Blue Bell ice cream here!!!
Of course, it's got a price that you have to be willing to pay...
2.5 KD for the big tub of Blue Bell!!!
The baby size of Haggen Daaz is like 1 KD!!
Cheap gas but expensive groceries!
I guess something's gotta give ~
No comments:
Post a Comment